I tried creating components on my free test cloud site.
Component 1 was created first, Component 2 was created second.
Component 1 has a deafult assignee Project lead.
Component 2 has a default assignee Component lead.
Project lead and Component lead are different people.
When I create an issue with Component 1 and Component 2 the assignee of the issue is Component lead. How is that possible?
According to the rule: A component default assignee will override the project's overall default assignee. If someone creates an issue with more than one component, and the default assignees for those components are different people, then Jira assigns the issue to the default assignee of the component that was created in the system first.
Then the issue should be assigned to Project lead because the Component 1 was created first and not the Component lead of the Component 2.
Did I get it wrong? Please help why it is like that.