I have an issuetype called Acquisition which is the portfolio parent of an Epic. When this acquisition issue is created, I need to append the summary of this issue to all EPICS and Tasks that are created along with it (using automation).
I was able to do that by recursively searching all the epics/tasks and updating their summary using {{triggerIssue.summary}} "some pre determined text for each epic/task"
Now the client wants that if the acquisition summary is changed, then the previous summary which is part of each Epic/Tasks summary should be replaced with the new summary from the acquisition issue type.
I used the below but it is giving me an error indicating smartvalue cannot be derived. I am getting each epic/task recursively and trying to use the below to update summary on each
{{issue.summary.replace("{{fieldChange.fromString}}", "{{fieldChange.toString}}")}}
My thought was this would look for the parent's previous summary (fromString) replace it with new summary (toString) and then update the epic/task summary
If I test this with hardcoded values it works. Also if I update the epic/task summary directly with fieldChange.fromString or toString I am getting the right values
So seems to me like either I am using some wrong syntax OR its not possible to use smartvalues inside a replace (or other text functions)
Would like to know either way
Appreciate any help
Thanks
Balu