I would like to create an automation where the smart value comments and tags a team instead of one person - what smart value can I use to creat this correctly?
Hi @Andra Vilcea , welcome to the community.
So I haven't tried mentioning teams before, only users. I just spent a few minutes trying to figure it out but was unsuccessful. I thought I would share my results in case it helps you or others figure it out. It may not be possible as yet. Or maybe I'm doing something wrong.
So if you want to mention individuals in automation you cannot simply use the @username method. Rather you must use the accountId like below.
[~accountId:557058:ce791733-445e-45e2-a768-3a6h055j074e]
Understanding this I attempted to retrieve the Account ID for the team buy scarfing it from the URL to the team page as below.
https://acmeCO.atlassian.net/jira/people/437078:cf791783-425j-45j3-a409-6g6b055k074e
however
[~accountId:437078:cf791783-425j-45j3-a409-6g6b055k074e]
did not work. So my guess is the you cannott mention Teams OR I have the wrong accountId. I may keep playing with this as I have time.
Hey @Jack Brickey ! Thanks so much for looking into this. What if we create a variable? Would that work? I'm just not sure how to add the ID into it.
I’m not following you on adding a variable could you explain further?
It appears you can create a variable to use it as a smart value:
This is interesting (and part of the problem with the term "Team" in the Atlassian universe currently).
@Jack Brickey has focused on the notion of a team in the People section of Jira or confluence. Which I suspect is what you are after @Andra Vilcea ?? as that is a way of notifying them from the automation rule.
Where @Bill Sheboy is referencing the Jira premium/Advanced Roadmaps "Team" field. Which is the field used to add/remove teams created via the "Shared teams" concept in Advanced Roadmaps.Confusing!!!! Indeed!The good news is, Atlassian are aware of this confusion and it is being addressed (sometime) this year.
I realise I haven't provided any solution for this.....good idea! But thought it worth clarifying that 2 different "Team" concepts have been discussed here.
Thanks, Curt!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.