Hi,
I have changed our favicon icon today, then created a better one and tried to upload it, but everytime i upload it or different one it always goes back to the first favicon i uploaded today.
Any suggestion, why this could happen?
Thank you
Hello @Jan Šimek
My name is Petter, I'm an Atlassian support engineer.
I can confirm there are no active bugs reported regarding the favicon functionality and I was able to properly upload the favicon on my personal test instance, so I believe this might be something new with Jira cloud or even a usability problem.
Can you confirm that you are clicking on the "Upload favicon" button after the file is added? I know this might be a silly question, but it's easy to skip this step because the big line with an 'OR' makes it look like the "Upload Favicon" button belongs to the lower part only (upload image from a URL). We even have a feature request to improve this UI:
If that's not the case, can you please provide us with a video of the steps you are taken and the results you are getting?
Thanks!
This seems odd. Obvious question - are you sure you saved it? Can you try a different browser? Can you reset to default and the try again?
Yeah I know, I have tried different browser, even reset to default several times, but it still gives the same favicon. Honestly no idea why.
Unsure. I have not experienced this but then again I do not changed mine in awhile. Just so I'm clear can you please illustrate exactly where you are changing this?
thanks for response. I have done that correctly like 30-50 times and nothing has changed.
I will send you a video tommorow, but just to give you example of the problem:
Firstly I have chose the file through upload a file and also make it small enough 32x32, so that it fits.
Day after I have decided i would like to try a different one and when i chose the file and clicked upload favicon, then it refreshed and showed me the old one.
I have tried this process many times with different files and different sizes, even closing page, restarting PC, restarting browser, but it was still the same.
Day after I have tried again and it uploaded picture again, but absolutely same type of file, with different size and after that i was not able to change it again. Today it is the same. My suggestion was, if it could not be due to the bigger size then 32 x 32, but I am not 100% sure about that.
I will send you a video tommorow.
Hi @Petter Gonçalves how do you want me to provide you with video? Here is no possibility.
Hey @Jan Šimek
Sorry for the delayed response.
If you still facing this problem, can you please provide us with a video using any Cloud storage (Google Drive, Wetransfer, etc)?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.