hi all!
I have 2 JIRA ServiceDesk projects and we have a custom field "Select List (cascading)" with 2 drop-down fields. Is there a way to copy over the custom field elements and copy it over using the automation rule? The results an vary as the custom field has many options and combinations. This is an HR servicedesk and the field has to do with a department and job title.
When I was building the automation rule, I ran into the issue of the field was not available to copy over and there has to be a way (JIRA has many capabilities.
Ideally this is my scenario:
- ServiceDesk #1 has a custom field "Select List (cascading)".
- There is an automation rule to create a new ticket in ServiceDesk #2 and copying over elements from SD#1 including the "Select List (cascading)" into the new ticket.
I found this article, but it shows the field can be copied over but using a set value; which is not we would want. We just want the ability to copy over the value entered on the ServiceDesk #1 ticket, please. Article: https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/advanced-field-editing-using-json/#Cascading-select-custom-field
Any help is greatly appreciated!!