What can I do if I found a bug again in the bug tickets in QA status in Jira? Do I need to move it to reopen stage or is there any way to handle it properly?
Hi @Anne Nirojini ,
if a bug happens again, after being managed in a specific ticket, you have two way to manage it :
it's your, or organization, choice!
Hope this helps,
Fabio
What you mention by "Reopen" . is it adding a new status like reopen in workflow and move the ticket to that reopen status or are you mentioning a different thing. Can you explain a bit more on point one?
ciao @Anne Nirojini , reopen a ticket means transition your ticket from a final status like closed to an active status like "Open"/"Reopened". it depends from your own workflow.
Moreover, usually, a closed ticket has a field Resolution set (Fixed,Won't do,Not Reproducible and so on). Verify that transition that move ticket from closed to Open/Reopened statius will clear that field through a Post Function.
Hope this is more clear.
In my case, I haven't closed the bug ticket. For example, see the status in the attached image. here the bug ticket is in QA status. In QA status I found the bug again, so in this case, what can I do? Can I move the same ticket to Reopen status or is there is any standards method to handle this situation?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.