I have Jira OnDemand and would like to view the log to see the configuration changes made. Not sure how to do this.
Thanks,
Jeff
You can't. You will have to get help from support if anything goes wrong.
We'd be interested to hear what kinds of things OnDemanders want to view the application logs for. Ideally we'd make this information available to you in a way that doesn't require human intervention.
We would be interested for audit / tracking purposes. When something has gone "wrong" we'd like to know who changed it to see why things were done that way. The logs do help to some extent.
Well for me, another adminstrator added some fields. The only way I knew it was the banner at the top saying that I should re-index. I wanted to figure out what he changed without having to search for it or ask him. A log would show that. Also, what happens if I come in one day and a project is missing? It would be great to see what happened.
"We'd be interested to hear what kinds of things OnDemanders want to view the application logs for."Quite, simply, because when you get a vague error like this: "An error occurred while installing the add-on. Refer to the logs for more information."It's a kick in the face not to be told where the logs are, and then later told that it's impossible to access them at all.
Presented with an error like this - "This add-on failed to enable. Refer to the logs for more information." - pretty useless with access to the logs.
"We'd be interested to hear what kinds of things OnDemanders want to view the application logs for."
For example, when I write a Groovy script and want to use the log function to print out values of the objects etc. Without that it is like working in the dark.
If system logs is not available because of some strange security reasoning, at least make it possible to log our own groovy output to a separate file and make that file accessible through the web interface.
I try to setup my mail account, double-checked all values but I always get an timeout. It would be great to get a more detailed view on the communication between JIRA cloud and the mail server.
All of the oAuth troubleshooting documentation on https://confluence.atlassian.com/kb/oauth-troubleshooting-guide-719095274.html points you to the logs for problem determination, e.g.
The application link was attempting to authenticate with the remote application but the timestamps from the local and remote machines do not match. This prevents the applications from authenticating with each other.
You may see this error message in the Atlassian application logs: oauth_problem=timestamp_refused
This doesn't make much sense since oAuth is the mandated authentication protocol for JIRA cloud (with no good .net examples out there) and I can't access the logs to determine the problem when the REST call fails.
.
In what universe can this be considered Solved?
Your error: "We can't create this issue for you right now, it could be due to unsupported content you've entered into one or more of the issue fields. If this situation persists, contact your administrator as they'll be able to access more specific information in the log file."
I am the admin, and I believe everything is correct. A log entry would be very helpful right now.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.