Hi, so I am using Jira for a school project, and I noticed how the total story points (y-intercept on the chart) on the sprint burndown chart change. For example, if I started the sprint with 120 story points, and then some of my team members change issues, the total story points reduce to 80 story points.
I am thinking that this happens because some of the original issues were deleted and replaced with new ones, so original story points were reduced? This is really annoying because what if there are some changes throughout the sprint? I know that I shouldn't try to change too many issues once a sprint starts, but what if we need to? Is there no way for the y-intercept (total story points) on the chart to count the cumulative story points over the sprint, instead of counting only the story points of the initial issues?
Or if I am just doing this whole thing wrong, please let me know as well. Thank you