The documentation indicates that you create a user macro from the General Configuration page. I can't find the link on that page. Am I missing something?
User macros cannot be defined by Cloud users, it's a restricted function. Only server installations can do it.
User Macros are a feature available in Confluence on-premise.
In Confluence Cloud you create custom macros (and other custom functionality) using the Atlassian Connect framework.
Thanks for the quick replies. Right after I posted the question, I found the answer my self. You guys were too quick... I wasn't able to mark it as such!
Is this still true that the Cloud version of JIRA does not support user written macros?
Correct, and we expect it never will.
:'(
Yeah. Sucks.
Hi everyone,
Is it possible to add Expand All button in Confluence Cloud? I came across this link:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/How-to-create-an-quot-Expand-All-quot-button-for-Confluence/qaq-p/294206?tempId=eyJvaWRjX2NvbnNlbnRfbGFuZ3VhZ2VfdmVyc2lvbiI6IjIuMCIsIm9pZGNfY29uc2VudF9ncmFudGVkX2F0IjoxNjAzODQ3NDg0OTk1fQ%3D%3D#U1518036
But then I saw your discussion about User Macro not possible in Confluence Cloud. Is that right?
Yes, Cloud does not have "user macros" (yet)
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
What do you mean by (yet)?Is it on the roadmap for cloud?
There are plans to allow for a bit more flexibility, but it won't be user macros as we know them on Server/DC
BTW probably worth mentioning on this thread that in the last 12 months, Atlassian introduced another new cloud development platform, called Forge. It's currently in beta.
I know this is years old, but it's what I'm trying to do. But how would I use the Connect framework?
Heh, the Connect framework has been quite superseded by Forge. Start with a read through https://developer.atlassian.com/platform/forge/
Yes, but Connect and Forge aren't quite on parity so there might be things you can't do in Forge but can do in Connect. This will change over time, so if you are reading this in the future you'll need to check the documentation for the latest.
Anyone know of a Cloud add-on that allows a user macro function?
Don't exist...
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.