I'm trying to use the dashboard/search api to get a dashboard and then I want to update the dashboard after that once I have the ID for it. I am attempting to do this using the web api and assuming I need to utilize the jql in the get url. Can anyone help me to understand how to get that information.
i.e. https://url/rest/api/3/dashboard/search?jql=name=dashboardname
Hi @[deleted],
you can use https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-dashboards/#api-rest-api-3-dashboard-id-get to retrieve a dashboard by name. Please use dashboardName parameter.
After doing that, you can update it using the following Rest API https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-dashboards/#api-rest-api-3-dashboard-id-put
Hope this helps,
Fabio
Thank you for the help. I'm having trouble understanding the formatting for this. I'm trying https://url/rest/api/3/dashboard with a json body of { "dashboardName":"name"}
and variation on that theme as well. Can you help me with the actual formatting. I'm testing with postman at the moment.
@[deleted], the correct api to search dashboard via name is :
https://YOUR_INSTANCE_URL/rest/api/3/dashboard/search
the parameter is correct
@Fabio Racobaldo _Catworkx_ Everytime I run that it just returns all dashboards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.