Hi,
I'm trying to migrate all Jira projects (which happens to be only one project) from one cloud instance to another. The source instance will eventually be deleted.
I have tried, and failed, using the three following approaches:
1. From source instance, create a backup of Jira projects under System -> Import and Export -> Backup manager. From target instance, restore this backup under System -> Import and Export -> Import Jira Cloud. The import completes and reports that it succeeds. However, neither Jira projects nor users are actually created on the target instance. Nothing seems to happen at the target instance at all.
2. Using System -> Import and Export -> Migrate cloud site. When creating a new migration, I am unable to create target site with the error message "There are no other sites within the current organization, or you don't have the right admin access.". I am admin on both source and target site, using the same account. Under admin.atlassian.com, the source site appears under the headline "Organization" and the target site appears under the headline "Products". I don't understand how to go from here.
3. Checking out various migration tools. None seem to support cloud to cloud.
#1 seems like the best and simplest option. Our migration scenario is simple an limited, we only need a single Jira project, that's all.
Because we're only importing one project, we're getting close to simply manually copy/pasting everything into the new instance because it seems faster than trying to figure out how to migrate.
All help is appreciated 