I can link Epic to test cases. I want to link user stories with Test Cases for better traceability? Is it possible?
Hi @Dodo Skills and welcome to the Atlassian Community,
Yes, this is possible. It needs to be configured in the xray (project) settings --> test coverage
Please find the documentation page here:https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Test+Coverage+Report
Hope this helps.
BestStefan
Hi @Dodo Skills
Any update to this? Could you figure out how to solve it with the suggested information?
Hi Stefan!I have the same problem in my test tracebility.I've tried to set up the option, that you mentioned, but I have no clue where is that.
I'm an admin on the project, that I use. I can see a lot of options in the list on the left side, however there is no options for Test coverage.Could I ask to attach a screenshot, to see the related link for the Test coverage.Best regardsAndrea Kovacs
Hi @andieri
Unfortunately I can´t provide a screenshot of the xray-setting page right now as my xray licence is paused but I´ll show where you´ll find it:
Please find the according description/settings/configuration in the following link:
https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Project+Settings%3A+Test+Coverage
Hope this was helpful.
Hi @Dodo Skills ,I'm not completely sure if there's an existing feature for this, but you can definitely achieve it with APIs. I actually have a script that performs a similar task, so I thought I'd share it with you.
Quick Summary: This script takes an Excel file with your issue link data and interacts with the Jira API to create those links. It also adds a brief delay between requests to help prevent any issues with API rate limits, which is quite useful.
Here's How It Works:
issues.xlsx
InstanceLink
linkType
parentIssueKey
childIssueKeys
API_TOKEN
node start.js issues.xlsx
A 100ms delay is built in between API requests to avoid triggering Jira’s rate limiting, so you don’t have to worry about some links failing due to too many requests being sent too quickly.
You can find the repository here.
And while we’re on the subject of automation, if you’re looking to simplify your test case creation and linking process, I’d recommend checking out Test Case Assistant for Jira. This tool helps you automatically generate and attach test cases to user stories with a single click. It even uses AI to generate these test cases based on the specifics of your user stories, making the process both smoother and faster.
Whether you’re managing a few test cases or handling a larger workload, this tool can really streamline your workflow. If you’re interested, feel free to explore the documentation or get it from the marketplace.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.