I recently learned about this bug that causes Jira to miscalculate the first response and/or resolution time on a service desk ticket where a service desk agent is also listed as a request participant. The workaround is described as "Remove the agent from the Request participants field or the organization."
It's not possible for me to remove the agent from the organization, so to avoid this bug going forward, I'll need to remove the agent from the Request participants field. I'd like to automate this process, using native Jira functionality if possible (ideally no plugins).
Before I set up any automation, I'd like to know exactly when in the service desk ticket lifecycle the agent needs to be removed from the Request participants field in order to avoid the miscalculation bug. Does the agent need to be removed before the first comment is made? Before the first response SLA is breached? Would removing the agent from the field upon ticket resolution avoid the bug?
Thank you in advance for any answers, and please vote for the bug fix if it would help your team too!