for example, I'm trying to list all the guys that have a similar summary, but I don't have a specific word to pass as a parameter.
Hi @Moisés Vasconcelos -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You may use Jira's query feature of JQL to help answer such questions.
For example to find issues with specific words in the summary, please try this, substituting in your own project name:
project = myProjectName and summary ~ "specificWord anotherSpecificWord"
To learn more about JQL and see other examples, please look at this free training from Atlassian and this documentation page:
https://university.atlassian.com/student/path/849533-gain-project-insights-through-jql
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/use-advanced-search-with-jira-query-language-jql/
Kind regards,Bill
Hi @Bill Sheboy , Thank you very much!
In this case it would be an already known word, but my goal would be to list all Jiras that have a similar summary description, but I wouldn't pass a specific word or phrase. Would it be possible to do this?
Without specifying a starting point for the search (e.g. specific words to match), I am unclear what "similar summary description" would mean. Would you please explain what problem you are trying to solve by doing this search/report?
The next closest thing would be to just sort by summary and then review the results:
project = myProjectName ORDER BY summary
I expect that would help less than checking for specific words of interest.
Hello @Moisés Vasconcelos
Welcome to the community.
It sounds to me like you are looking for something that will automatically review the Summaries and automatically determine that issues 1, 2, and 3 are similar based on the content of their Summary fields, without you having to provide any information about what is actually in the Summary fields.
Have I understood your question correctly?
Hello @Trudy P Claspill thank you so much!
That would be exactly what I need.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.