We have between 30 and 50 active projects at a time and a project lifecycle is about 1 year. Each project has a handful of epics open at any given time. We would like to assign every issue to an epic via the `Epic Link` field when the issue is created.
Currently, this is untenable; the drop down populates with hundreds of epics from unrelated projects. We specifically want to avoid creating and enforcing cumbersome naming conventions to sort the list.
It is my understanding that this field and its behavior are locked by Atlassian and that they have resolved tickets related to this by simply saying its the desired behavior. It is also my understanding that I could create a new field that IS filtered and then use the selection of its value to set the Epic Link value. How do I do that? Can I do it without paying monthly for some 3rd party service (aka without scriptrunner)?