Hello All,
I wonder if you can help/advise with the following.
Situation:
- We have stories with sub tasks in a given sprint and some of them need to be carried over to the next sprint simply because they are not fully completed.
- We only use time estimation and each story has allocated Original estimate and the team is logging the actual work time too.
Problem:
When you carry over stories for lets say 2 sprints and eventually close them I cannot see in any report how much time was actually spent on that story in each sprint.
It also affects the overall time estimates. Lets say I have a story with 3 subtasks estimated for 16 hours in total. The story is not fully completed in the sprint and I have to move it to the next one, although we have logged 12 hours of work and only 4 is remaining.
Unfortunately it will still calculate the sprint effort with the original 16 hours which is not true because I only need 4 hours to finish it and it means that resource who is working on it could do more stories.
I hope this make sense :-) I would appreciate any help or advise.
Thanks