Requirement:
Users of Project A should not see or browse any other project except Project A
Solution tried: I have tried the solution mentioned by Maxime Boulat in his article:
https://projectbroadway.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/MW/pages/1854308485/Discovering+Jira+user+management
Steps:
1. Created a dedicated User Group ("User Group A") and added all the users to this group
2. Create a dedicated Project Role ("Role A") and have given all the users of "User Group A" access to this "Role A"
3. Created a Permission Scheme ("Scheme A") and have given "Browse Project" feature access based on the Project Role i.e. "Role A"
4. Have revoked the "Application Access" permission from "All logged-in users" of the "Browse Project" feature from the "Default software scheme" permission scheme
5. Have associated "Scheme A" to "Project A"
How to make this or any solution scalable?
With the above solution, I am finding it difficult to scale up as I have to replicate this for all the projects where I want to ensure that Users of Project A should not be able to browse Project B, C, D, etc., and vice versa. I have 25 such projects as of now. Is there a simpler approach to implement this requirement or am I missing something?
Thanks in advance!
Note: Looking for an OOTB solution, not through any plugins.