Hi! I'm currently using JIRA to log language and other issues in a website. The information I am logging includes a summary of the issue (e.g. "color > colour"), plus a range of other variables such as error type (grammar, terminology, spelling, etc.), ranking (1-4 in order of severity of issue), and status (new, raised previously, approved previously, etc.).
Now, as you can imagine, many of these issues are recurring. They also have their own individual mix of issue type, ranking, status, etc. Every time I log one of these recurring issues, I have to make sure that all the variables are correct. Cloning is not a satisfactory option as I have to log location data as well.
What I'd like to do is have a background database in which all the recurring issue summaries are listed alongside the corresponding data fields (Issue type, rank, status, etc.). When I type in "color > colour" in a new issue summary field, I'd like all the other fields included in the database recorded to be automatically populated. Impossible, I guess?
What's more, I'd like to be able to edit the database, e.g. as the status of a particular issue summary (e.g. "color > colour") changes and for those changes to be pushed to each ticket with the corresponding summary. That way all tickets with the same issue summary have a consistent issue type, ranking, status, etc.
Is any of this possible?!
Thanks