I am reading the IQL Manual / webpage ( https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/use-insight-query-language-iql/#Keywords ) and I notice several inconsistencies (e.g. no space before and after Operators, "objecttype" instead of "objectType"), inconsistent use of double quotes) which make it difficult for a newbie like me to understand.
But the biggest problem I find is the inconsistent way of referencing to Object Types, Attributes and Objects. For example, in some of the given examples "Office" is referred to as an attribute but in others it is referred to as "objects of Office type" (I think this should say "object with the Office attribute" or something similar).
One case that has got me particularly puzzled is this - referring to the dot operator - the example it gives is "Country.Office = Stockholm"
The explanation given says "The dot operator here navigates to the referenced object Office in the attribute Country and compares Office with the value Stockholm.".
Should this not say something like "The dot operator here navigates to the referenced attribute Office in the Object Type Country and comparers the value of the Office attribute with the value Stockholm."?
Can somebody please advise whether my interpretation of what it should say is correct. Or am I totally wide of the mark?
Thanks in advance.