Hi All,
My idea here is to ammend any hardcoded string, e.g. "Hello World" to a customField inside JIRA smart value (JIRA Automation web request).
Does anyone knows if that's possible?
Hi @Matheus F. Nishida
Would you please provide more details about what you are trying to accomplish/dynamically update: the URL, the request data, something else?
For example, in another thread, I learned it does not appear to be possible to dynamically update (or even include) an issue key in the URL for a web request action to the Jira REST API. So if that is what you wanted to do...it does not appear to work for Jira Cloud.
Kind regards,Bill
I'm working on a automation for JIRA function, to perform a web request to an external service.
The issue I'm facing is to build the JSON request, with custom fields.
For example this is the POST request body:
{ "field1": {{issue.custom_field1.value}}, "field2": "Hello World" + {{issue.custom_field2.value}} <----}
How can I concatenate an string with a custom field inside a JSON POST request body?
Hi Bill
I was able to solve my issue by concatenating the JSON body as per using the same template from the link you shared:
"testField1":"Hello World {{ issue.customfield1.value }}",
And it worked!
Matheus, I am glad to learn you got it to work that way. There is also a concat() function to help with combining smart values, as described here:
https://support.atlassian.com/cloud-automation/docs/jira-smart-values-text-fields/#concat-String-str-
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.