Hey team, I'm writing a script to auto-populate a Jira service desk form from a Google document by constructing a url following this document: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicemanagementserver/setting-up-request-types-939926357.html
Everything works as expected so far except the components values.
For example, a url like this (https://company.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/XX/group/XX/create/XXX?summary=Test%20Summary&description=Test%20Description&priority=2&components={component_number}&customfield_10302=https%3A%2F%2Fexmaple.com) would populate the form correctly showing the appropriate value in the input that correlates to component={component_number}, but on submission it throws an error. In the UI the error reads, "Please provide a valid value for field 'Team'" (I've confirmed the values are correct) and in the network history the error shows 400 Bad Request, and the post data shows components: [object Object] instead of the appropriate value.
The weirdest part of the behavior is if I remove the components value and re-enter the same value, it allows a submission. Also, adding another components value to the input (resulting in multiple components) and then deleting it, never changing the original input populated by the URL query string params, allows form submission too!
Am I missing something or is the components field not supported for this type of form auto population (I noticed components are not listed under field type in the doc linked above)? If it's not supported currently, are there plans to have this field type supported / can I make this a feature request? Thanks!