How do I change starting issues number? I have Jira Software cloud.
I found article about this - but I don't see how I can run Jira SQL for this.
You don't have any access to the database in Cloud, so you can't do it that way.
Your only option is to increase the starting number by creating issues that cause it to increment.
Let's say you wanted to start at ABC-456. You could import, or script, the creation of 455 issues. That would clock the project up to 455, so the next issue created will be ABC-456. Obviously, after the creation, you could then delete all the imported/created issues.
I usually do this with an incredibly simple CSV file - one column with a dummy summary that's easy to identify for deletion is all you need (if all the fields in the project are optional)
SummaryDeleteme 1Deleteme 2Deleteme 3etc
@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
I found this post while answering the same question for another user.
I want to point out that that there is an alternate method.
Create a CSV import file with this information:
Issue Key,Type,Summary<projectKey>-<desired number minus 1>,<some valid issue type>,<some summary text>
For example, if my destination project key is SK:
Issue Key,Type,SummarySK-99,Story,summary text
Have a Jira Administrator import the data using the External System Import option and the following field mapping:
Issue Key >> Issue KeyType >>> Issue TypeSummary >> Summary
This will create a new issue with the specified issue key in the destination project. For the next issue created the issue key will be incremented for that value.
I tested this in a Company Managed Software project and a Team Managed Software project in Jira Software Cloud with a Free subscription.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.