I have a list of stories that are already imported into Jira. Part of our workflow requires Components added to the stories. Is there a way I can bulk import components to stories already in Jira? Similar to how I can import substasks with a story's Parent ID?
@Zachary Lindberg,
Are you saying you imported tickets and now you want to update them with components? You can perform a CSV import to update the values of large groups of tickets at once.
@Zachary Lindberg -
Welcome to the community. You can use external system import and conduct CSV import to update your existing story with the component values.
Here is what you need in the CSV file -
1) Your CSV file needs the following columns: Issue Key, Summary, Component. If you have more than one components for your each existing issues, then you just need to have multiple component columns.
Example -
Ideally, your components are already defined for your project, then you can just ensure that your component values in your CSV file are valid and match what you have defined in the project.
Lastly, you must have system admin rights to conduct the external system import.
Clog icon > under Jira SETTINGS > System
Hope this helps.
Best, Joseph Chung Yin
Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team
Viasat Inc.
Hey @Joseph Chung Yin
Thanks for the response. I attempted to upload some test components to an existing story. I referenced a target story with the Issue Key field, however, upon upload a new issue was created with the components i defined in the .csv. Is there any other data I need to provide within the .csv to ensure the target story receives the components?
Thanks,Zack
@Zachary Lindberg
Hi Zack:
"Issue ID" should work. If you don't mind, can you provide a sample set of your CSV file, so I can take a look?
Have you try it to map your CSV column (Issue Id) to Issue Key field? Give that a try.
Best, Joseph
Here is my example -
My CSV
My Mapping
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.