<Shift>+<Enter> between lines will give a smaller spacing.
Text 1
Text 2
Text1Text2
Why do they make it so unintuitive? Was there a setting to make this the default? If I recall correctly, the old editor had Paragraph format.
In July 2023 this is still an issue.
Vote to get it fixed here in the Jira list of things users would like fixed:https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-75312The control + Enter workaround has an effect but still does not narrow the line spacing much.
It is also clunky, needs to be done on every line.You can upvote this issue at the above link.
Shift Enter isn't helpful for bulleted lists. Each line will not get a bullet if you do that.
@Jeanette McCarthy That's true - it won't work for bullet lists. However, the spacing on bullet lists is usually pretty consistent.
When I get a weird one I usually put my cursor between the first character of the option after the weird spacing and its bullet, then press "Delete" (or back space) to get that line concatenated on the end of the previous bullet. Then I hit "Enter" again and regular spacing returns.
I guess it's back to using Code format until there's a way to change the default. It's pretty inconvenient to have to hit a 2-button combo every time I want a single-line feed.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.