I set up an automation to change the state of the parent when all the sub-tasks are changed to a specific state. (I attached the rule below for reference.)
Point 1 -Now we are using linked tasks and the automation seems to be executing more often.
Point 2 - I found that a situation where task 1 is linked to task 2 which in turn is linked to multiple other tasks, some of which link back to Task 2. This circular situation seems to use up all our automation execution quota very quickly.
Point 3 - I did not set the automation to change the parent task's state when the linked tasks change state, I built the rule to execute when the sub-tasks change state.
Does this mean that automation considers linked tasks and sub-tasks as the same?
If there are no sub-tasks, only linked tasks, why should this rule be running?
If the circular linking is the problem how do I prevent the circular linking of tasks?
