Hi,
I want to solve following problem....
I've designed 2 Object Types in Insight:
- Software (contains list of software applications)
- Team (contains list of teams)
I have linked the "Software" objects to the "Team" object via a "DefaultTeam" attribute. This means that every software application has 1 default team that is responsible for this application.
In JSM, I've created 2 Insight custom fields "Software" and "Team". When creating an incident in the JSM Support desk, the user is able to select an application form the list. The user is NOT able to select the team.
Now, I want to be able to assign the Team to the ticket, based on the selected application. Basically, I want to create an automation rule that retrieves the selected application from the ticket, and retrieves the "DefaultTeam" value from Insight, and set this value to the custom "Team" field.
I was hoping to be able to do this with Smart Values in the automation rule. Ex. {{issue.Software.DefaultTeam}}. But that doesn't seem to work.
Do anyone know if this is at all possible with Smart values? Or is there another way to solve this?
Note: After initially setting the team field when creating the ticket, it must be possible for the assignee of the ticket, to assign a different team.
Best regards,
Kris