👋🏼 Hey Community,
in a Server Jira Service Desk (JSM) project, I created a request form where I set a numeric custom field to put in the time (hours) the requestor worked on a task. I'm currently trying to fetch the value from the custom field and copy it to the "Time Spent" or "Work Log" system field with the "Automation for Jira" Add-On (Lite).
Basically the automation should go as follows:
When issue created > Edit Issue > Field to set: "Work Log" / "Time Spen" > Copy Value From "Custom_Field"
Actually, we're using Tempo for time tracking. But it seems like neither Tempo fields nor the default fields provided by Jira regarding time tracking can be shown in a service desk request form. Also the "Work Log" and "Time Spent" fields are not listed the "Edit Issue" rule paramaters in "Automation for Jira" (see attachement)
I'd prefer looking to get it running with Jira Automation but I'm open for other ideas / workarounds. If possible, I'd avoid a solution with Script Runner or other scripting.
Thank you guys in advance! 👏🏼
Asking why?
We got some technical sales reps working in the field, who also give some telephone support while their onsite at the customer. They need a quick and easy way to log work with a short service desciption after the phone call. Therefor I created a JSD request form.
