Hi,
I want to display the epic link in subtasks. I saw an interesting topic about this, but I couldn't get it working. (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Display-Epic-Link-on-a-subtask/qaq-p/1470212)
What I wanted to do:
- Creat new text field "Parent Epic Name" to Story and Sub-Task screens.
- For Story, Copy Epic Link from Epic Issue to Story's "Parent Epic Name" field.
- For Sub-task, Copy "Parent Epic Name" from Parent Issue to Sub-task's "Parent Epic Name" field.
What I did and didn't work:
1. create a new text field 'parent epic name' ) to Story and Sub-Task screens
2. add an automation for when an issue is edited, the issue field parent epic name will be copied from the parent issue, field epic link. --- I cannot choose the epic link field to get the copy (see print screen) 
Could you help me out what goes wrong? Or is there another workaround to show the epic link in a subtask?
Thanks a lot!
Nienke