Hi.
I was trying to follow the below automation template but it doesn't work for me.It does send the email but the body is empty.https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library/send-slack
But anyway, could someone be so kind and help me build a rule which would create, based on status, certain summary email like:
List of issues to do:***
List of issues in progress:**
List of issues done:***
P.S. Please do not send me to the documentation. I don't know how to read it to find answers to my questions. There are no examples.
Is there a reason that you are trying to do this with an automation rule rather than using a saved filter and a Subscription to generate the email?
What information from each issue do you want to include in your email?
Hi @Andrzej Hull
When you have a question about an automation rule, please post images of your complete rule, the audit log details showing the execution, an explanation of what you expected to happen, and what you observed. That information will provide context for the community to help. Thanks!
Without seeing your rule, I hypothesize that: the JQL for your lookup issues actions are incorrect, the JQL is correct/returning no issues, or your use of the smart values from the lookups is incorrect. From what you have posted I believe it is the last one.
Kind regards,Bill
Well I am kinda new to setting up Jira, I didn't know I could use saved filter.
What I'm trying to get at the end of each day a summary email of what was done, what is in progress and what still wasn't started.That's because I run multiple projects and having that organized like that would help me a lot.
I tried to recreate the example from the link above. The log says 'success', please see the attachment.
But anyway, I would need that automation rule a bit altered.I tried to describe it in the original post.Is it even possible?
You can do this with a Saved Filter and a Subscription. You don't need an Automation rule.
Go to Filters > Advanced Issue Search and construct a filter to select the issues you want to review. If you want the output grouped by issue Status then use "Order By Status ASC". Here the home page for documentation on performing a search.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/search-for-issues-in-jira/
If you click on the button on the right (shown below) and select List view, that will show the output in Columns. Then you can click the button below it labeled Columns and select which fields you want to see in the output.
This page has information about setting up columns.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/work-with-search-results/
When you have the search criteria and the Columns set the way you want, click the Save As button, and provide a name for this filter.
Here is a reference document about saving filters.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/save-your-search-as-a-filter/
Then you would set up a Subscription to the field. A subscription will run the filter on a schedule you set and email the results. This page has information about setting up a Subscription for a Filter.
Yes, it is the third thing I noted: smart values...
When using Lookup Issues, the scope is the lookup, and so you do not use the {{issue... or {{triggerIssue... prefix. Instead just reference the attributes like this:
{{#lookupIssues}}* {{url}}{{/}}
Please adjust that to the format/markup you wish.
Is it possible to create separate lists for many statuses within the same email?If so, how the rule should be modified?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.