We currently have a public board that is set up as sample or template. Our clients who want to use this board are added to the board as a member and instructed to copy the board to their own trello account and then customize their own board. However, they don't follow instructions and so clients are constantly making personal changes to the "group board" that all members can copy.
I upgraded to Premium so I have the option to add users to the board, but restrict their ability to make changes. By adding the users to the "Workspace" they can copy the board. As each member comes to the board, I have to manually change their status to "observer" so they cannot edit or make changes on the board.
I was hoping there was a way to set the "observer" permission as a global setting so I don't have to manually change the setting for every person.
My question: am I missing something? Is there a better way to accomplish what I want? Or another way to do this so that board members/users can copy the template but not edit it or make change to it?...and they are given the correct permissions automatically without me having to manually change a permission?