How do I create a JQL filter where I get back all child issues from a parent that has a label = ABC, to identify those epics are ABC epic types and the child issues have a label of 123? Thank you!
Jira doesn't natively support a query that lets you get parent issues per some criteria and then also get all the child issues for that dynamically generated list of parents.
You will need to look at third party apps in the Atlassian Marketplace that extend JQL for searching/reporting.
what do you mean by ABC epic type?
sorry the epic has a label of ABC, so I have several epics with ABC and from that group of six epics I would like to filter for the tasks (associated with those six epics) that have the label 123
thanks! @caglad
issueFunction in epicsOf("labels = 123") AND labels = ABC
@Purpjesus28
Welcome to the community.
"issueFunction" is not a native JQL function in Jira Cloud. That comes from a third party app added to the Jira instance.
This is the solution on my JIRA with no third party. I read it backwards first time. Why would cloud not have the same functionality as on prem?
@[deleted]try this out if your jira supports issuefunction it will work. issueFunction in issuesInEpics("labels = ABC") AND labels = 123
thanks @Purpjesus28 it's not happy. I will try some more. Appreciate the reply!
thank you for the reply @Trudy P Claspill --Jean t.
thank you @Purpjesus28 !!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.