Hi All,
I installed the HipGuru plugin in HipChat and pointed it to my Questions page inside of Confluence. I'm not getting any errors, but the plugin is not returning any information either.
If anyone has any advice, it would be most welcome.
Hi Trevor,
Your confluence server must be accessible from Hipchat server. If you are using Hipchat server in the cloud, then you Confluence questions should be accessible in the cloud as well and with anonymous access (no authentication) as per instructions in the marketplace Hipguru add-on page or in the add-on configuration page in Hipchat server.
Your firewall could be blocking the access as well.
Well, I feel slightly ridiculous. Indeed, the default permissions for Questions (unlike everything else in Confluence) is private instead of public. I suppose checking in an unauthenticated manner would make sense.
Glad you have figured out - I will update the HipGuru configuration page about using a private Confluence Questions server in the next release. Were you still able to use it ? Is there any feature that you would like to see or get enhanced ?
Well, the page is now 100% public but /ask <whatever> still isn't returning anything. No errors, just...nothing. I'll definitely provide feedback once I can figure out what's going wrong but it looks pretty good on the outside.
Bear in mind that you also need to make sure that both Confluence and Confluence Questions have anonymous view access:
Confluence authentication support is in the queue: https://bitbucket.org/eduardo_soares/hipguru/issues/3/implement-authentication-support-for
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.