Part of sprint planning is to ensure that your resources are not over allocated / under allocated work.
In jira a ticket is allocated the total points.
Now if a ticket is assignee to person A who is allocated 1 point, then it is assigned to person B who is allocated 2 points and then it is assigned to person C who is allocated 3 points. The total points allocated to the jira ticket is 6 points.
When reporting the points are used to measure the work against who is currently assigned to the ticket. Which is misleading, as you will assume that the 6 points are all for either person A, B or C depending on when they are assigned to the ticket. This over allocates / under allocates points to each person during sprint planning.
How can I accurately represent each person's allocated points so I can better determine the work allocation during sprint planning?
I could use sub-tasks, but I am unable to report at that level. To resolve the so called double counting of points when using sub-tasks, when jira tickets are allocated sub-tasks, you can sum the sub-tasks points at the jira issues(task, story) level, instead of having to manually enter the points.
Much appreciated for your response