Hi All,
I have 4 stories (already created) and I need to add 15 sub-tasks to each of these stories. I was wondering is there a way to clone these sub-tasks to each story? I found few articles about creating story with sub-tasks and then cloning the whole story itself but that's not an option I can use. Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks.
Hello @rsharma2
Welcome to the community.
There is not a native feature specifically for cloning a sub-task into a new parent issue.
I think you could use the Automation feature to Automate creation of those sub-tasks under each story.
Use the LookUp Issues action to get a list of the issues in which you want to create the sub-tasks.
Use a Branch to loop through the issues returned.
Use Actions to create the sub-tasks.
Hi @rsharma2
There's a few alternatives...
If it's a one-off, use CSV Imports...
See this help page for more information.
If it's a regular occurrence (i.e every Story created needs the same set of Sub-tasks), use Automation. For example the rule might be...
Using the Automation option, you could copy/create a temporary rule for the existing Stories - for example, change the Trigger to be a Manual Trigger - then activate it for the existing 4 Stories, then just delete that rule.
Let us know if either of these work for you!
Ste
Thanks @Trudy P Claspill and @Ste Wright for your answers. I ended up using CSV option for now but will definitely give the Automation option a try.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.