I would like to be able to list all the unresolved inline comments that have been added to a space
I know I can do something like this
https://confluence.atlassian.com/dosearchsite.action?queryString=type%3Acomment&startIndex=0&type=comment&where=JIRA
But what about unresolved comments
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Grant
Great request, I would greatly appreciate this feature!
Hello, Jan and Grant! It appears there are already a few requests in jira.atlassian.com for similar suggestions: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-34510 https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-36602 You can vote on these to show your interest in having them applied, as well as provide your feedback directly on those tickets. If you follow them, then you'll be alerted as to when there is a change. Take care, Shannon
+1
I think this feature is a must! only in this way I can be sure to have checked all comments.
Hey Grant,
I wrote a query that will give you an list of pages with their contentid, page title, and creator that have unresolved inline comments, the following might be useful for you:
select c1.CONTENTID, c1.TITLE, um.username from CONTENT c1 join CONTENT c2 on c1.CONTENTID = c2.PAGEID join SPACES s on c1.SPACEID = s.SPACEID join user_mapping um on c1.creator = um.user_key where c2.CONTENTID not in (select CONTENTID from CONTENTPROPERTIES where PROPERTYNAME = 'status') and c2.CONTENTID in (select CONTENTID from CONTENTPROPERTIES where PROPERTYNAME = 'inline-comment') and s.SPACEKEY = '<space-key>';
Just change <space-key> to the key of the space you want to search in.
Cheers,Stephen Brannen | Confluence Support
Hi Stephen, does this work for Confluence Cloud as well?
I am on Confluence Cloud, but couldn't see a way to add that query. Would this do it: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/cql-search/cloud/support
Grant,
I know the Cloud team has run queries for customers on request previously, I would check with the Cloud Support team to see if they could run the query on your behalf.
Stephen
An addon for Cloud was recently released that might fit your needs:
See All Unresolved Comments
Not only do you get a counter at the top to see how many unresolved inline comments are in a page, but you can also click to jump directly to the first comment. You can even search (run a report) to see all unresolved comments filtered by space and/or commenting user. For longer pages, there's also an overview report that shows just the headings and the commented text, so you can get a quick overview of what's on any particular page.
Hi Stephen, this seems like a very good plugin. Is this available for confluence server?
Stephen,
Thanks for you answer.
I was fetching the same parameters using the Reporting add-on from ServiceRocket. What I don't understand is from that query is, how can I know if the comments are unresolved or resolved, or is it an under lining mechanism that relies on the fact that; once resolved it becomes effectively an old comment and therefore not reported in the query?
I hope that makes sense, since understanding this would help me,
Mark
Reporting v6.9.0 now has new supplier keys: inline-status and inline-selection. These new supplier keys allow you to retrieve the inline comment's status as well as the highlighted text of inline comments. With this, you can list all comments in a space and it will be able to identify unresolved comments. Here's a sample storage format to achieve that (you can copy the storage format and paste it to your Confluence using Source Editor plugin):
"d23a274e-44e4-4efc-98cd-032d38b8356b" ac:name="report-table" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:rich-text-body> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="294e14ca-ab92-4eec-b94f-fd3496295237" ac:name="content-reporter" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:parameter ac:name="types">comment</ac:parameter> <ac:rich-text-body> <p> <br/> </p> </ac:rich-text-body> </ac:structured-macro> <p<span> </span>class="auto-cursor-target"> <br/> </p> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="29d21b28-4863-4269-8e50-25b12258e26c" ac:name="report-column" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Comment</ac:parameter> <ac:rich-text-body> <p> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a5cee661-c00e-409f-af2d-bc4407161203" ac:name="report-info" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:parameter ac:name="">comment:summary</ac:parameter> </ac:structured-macro> </p> </ac:rich-text-body> </ac:structured-macro> <p<span> </span>class="auto-cursor-target"> <br/> </p> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="4bca3fc4-47df-45ee-9322-09e735442863" ac:name="report-column" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Comment Author</ac:parameter> <ac:rich-text-body> <p> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="be929a3c-7666-4232-85e8-f4d916b6d35f" ac:name="report-info" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:parameter ac:name="">comment:creator</ac:parameter> </ac:structured-macro> </p> </ac:rich-text-body> </ac:structured-macro> <p<span> </span>class="auto-cursor-target"> <br/> </p> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="4e5887b0-516d-48c9-bd5a-7147ce71fb0c" ac:name="report-column" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Inline Comment Highlighted Text</ac:parameter> <ac:rich-text-body> <p> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="3599b9da-88b0-4e2d-8d50-b379e9475b44" ac:name="report-info" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:parameter ac:name="">comment:inline-selection</ac:parameter> </ac:structured-macro> </p> </ac:rich-text-body> </ac:structured-macro> <p> <br/> </p> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="a2fb23b2-3cd3-4adc-849e-6ea4e448d6d6" ac:name="report-column" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:parameter ac:name="title">Inline Comment Status</ac:parameter> <ac:rich-text-body> <p> <ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id="3d950c47-e5c1-4842-ba8b-c62aa536255d" ac:name="report-info" ac:schema-version="1"> <ac:parameter ac:name="">comment:inline-status</ac:parameter> </ac:structured-macro> </p> </ac:rich-text-body> </ac:structured-macro> <p<span> </span>class="auto-cursor-target"> <br/> </p> </ac:rich-text-body></ac:structured-macro><p> <br/></p><ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id=
"d23a274e-44e4-4efc-98cd-032d38b8356b"
ac:name=
"report-table"
ac:schema-version=
"1"
>
<ac:rich-text-body>
<ac:structured-macro ac:macro-id=
"294e14ca-ab92-4eec-b94f-fd3496295237"
"content-reporter"
<ac:parameter ac:name=
"types"
>comment</ac:parameter>
<p>
<br/>
</p>
</ac:rich-text-body>
</ac:structured-macro>
<p<span> </span>
class
=
"auto-cursor-target"
"29d21b28-4863-4269-8e50-25b12258e26c"
"report-column"
"title"
>Comment</ac:parameter>
"a5cee661-c00e-409f-af2d-bc4407161203"
"report-info"
""
>comment:summary</ac:parameter>
"4bca3fc4-47df-45ee-9322-09e735442863"
>Comment Author</ac:parameter>
"be929a3c-7666-4232-85e8-f4d916b6d35f"
>comment:creator</ac:parameter>
"4e5887b0-516d-48c9-bd5a-7147ce71fb0c"
>Inline Comment Highlighted Text</ac:parameter>
"3599b9da-88b0-4e2d-8d50-b379e9475b44"
>comment:inline-selection</ac:parameter>
"a2fb23b2-3cd3-4adc-849e-6ea4e448d6d6"
>Inline Comment Status</ac:parameter>
"3d950c47-e5c1-4842-ba8b-c62aa536255d"
>comment:inline-status</ac:parameter>
Hi Vijay,
it's a little late, but See All Unresolved Comments is now available for Server as well.
Looks like the issues you linked to are not being considered. This issue seems to be the one to vote for and watch: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-36933
Thanks for this! While the report worked for me, it is very slow in my large space and I fear imposes a performance risk in ts current form. It also identifies all comments, not just inline comments that are unresolved. It would be more useful if it provided a link to the page and comment that is still open, which I'm sure Reporting can do. So I will tinker with it to do all this but I really appreciate the kick-start! Very helpful, Hanis!
Hello!
Pages and Attachments Comments Report (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/1219786) plugin helps to form the table of comments (from other pages and descendents or whole space).
Thank you,
Andrey Tkachenko from BeastieHut
I tried this as well and also found it very slow.
I did find an improvement there you add some filters to the 'Content Reporter' that gets all comments. I added an 'And Filter' with two 'Text Filters': one for excluding the replies to comments; the other to exclude the 'Resolved' and 'Dangling' comments. This gives a report that shows all the page comments and all the unresolved inline comments.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.