Hi!
I'm trying to set-up Jira Service Management board to help us manage IT requests from our colleagues. In order to do so, we would like them to be able to send us an email. Based on this email a task is created in our Jira Service Management board. I have managed to organize this part.
In order to keep in close collaboration with our colleagues, we would like Jira to send an email to the reporter once we write down a "report to customer" comment. Preferably with a header and a footer, just like in email.
Basically we want Jira to help us better organize the requests, but the user doesn't even have to know we are using Jira for this.
Here is my question about the above: I read that you can organize notifications to be send to the reporter from the mailadress you select yourself, however you need to organize SMTP settings for this (see this post). In order to organize this, you have to have the following permissions to do so: Jira System Administrators global permissions. I am not able to find this permission.
Is this because we are using a non paid version of Jira? If yes, what product do we need to acquire?
If you have any other suggestions on how we can organize the above mentioned process, that's also very welcome!
Thanks in advance for your reply!