I'm building a system for our on-boarding process. How I've been doing it is that I have a rule set up that generates a series of Epics, which is triggered when a specific issue is created.
I want to have a Due Date set on the trigger issue and use that date to set the due dates of each of the Epics that are created. The due dates can either be the same due date as the trigger issue, but ideally I'd be able to use smart values to set the dates as X days before or after the due date of the trigger issue.
The goal is to set the Due date of the trigger issue to be a new employee's start date, and then use smart values to set the due dates of all the automatically created issues so that they are relative to the new employee's start date.
I can't figure out how to use the date in the due date field of a trigger issue to change the values in fields of issues created by an automation rule.