My company will soon be migrating their Jira/Confluence instances over to the cloud. I am wondering what happens when there are unpublished pages or pages that people are editing but the edits have not been saved before the migration begins.
Hi @SLangley
when I did this migration a few years ago, those are all deleted. I believe this is still the same. Users should post any changes prior to any migration or upgrade as a general best practice.
best,
clark
Hi @Clark Everson , thanks for your response. The vendor we are working with for our migration mentioned that unpublished data is in-fact transferred over as long as it has been auto-saved. So if the migration kicks-off in the midst of someone working, they will lose data since the last auto-save. Does that sound right? (I know this is not ideal and we will be communicating that people should logoff for the weekend prior to this...just wanted to confirm.)
Thanks!
@SLangley thats a possibility. I did a cloud migration over 3 years ago so a lot may have changed. It's always recommend to do a test migration first. So the vendor is probably right but you should do a dry run. Atlassian can wipe your instance after so you can start fresh.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.