Hi All,
I try to create the user using rest API https://api.atlassian.com/ex/jira/{resourceID}/rest/api/3/user
but getting below response
Welcome to Atlassian Community.
There are a few reasons why you're getting this error message. I found similar posts that can give you some insights into that. Have a look.
HI Ivan,
Thanks for your help. I have check the links but none of them help me.
I have setup OAuth 2.0 (3LO) and get all the required details such as issues, project, fields etc but now I have a required to create users in client jira account.
I used https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-users/#api-rest-api-3-user-post this API but I am getting the below response
{ "errorMessages": [ "OAuth 2.0 is not enabled for method: POST /rest/api/3/user" ]}
I have cross-check the Rest API and found the API can't accessible from connected Apps. Is there any way to create the user. I have setup OAuth 2.0 (3LO)
Are you trying to use Atlassian connect/Forge? To my knowledge, you can't use OAuth (3LO) to create users. In this case, you need to use basic auth (email + api_token). Have a look at how Atlassian handles user provisioning via API.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.