Hey there,
we created a Kanban board in Jira and everytime we create a subtask on a task/story etc, this newly created subtask lands in the backlog.
But in our case we have a status called "selected for development" (which is basically after the "backlog" but before "in development" within our workflow) and we want newly created subtasks to land in that column.
There is a condition though. If the parent is still in the backlog while we are creating subtasks, the newly created subtask should (obviously) also land in the backlog.
So our condition would be "if a created task/subtask has a parent and the parent is not in the backlog, set the status on the newly created task/subtask to X".
I already tried around with the Jira automation and the smart-values, but couldn't get it to work and it also felt like this should be way easier (for example, when I wanted to compare the status, I saw the status inside the backlog is 10135?? And I wasn't able to get a working comparison with that number/string?).
I would so much appreciate if you could help me out here.
Thanks in avance