Hi
Scope: when I create an issue in an epic, the values of some fields set in the EPIC should be copied in the issue just created.
I tried this automation https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Copy-field-value-from-Epic-to-child-issue-with-automation/qaq-p/1421943 but it is not working.
What am I doing wrong?
I think this relates to the fact that the automation is not giving me an option to copy form the EPIC instead of the only option "copy from current issue"Thanks to anyone who might gives some advice,
f
Hey @federica.niero ,
Just wondering if you have tried to click on the section under the field name?
I can see that Epic issue is a choice:-
Hope this helps.
Regards.
Hi, thank you:with your suggestion I was able to find the dropdown menu to select Epic Issue but at the end the Rule is not pulling out the expected outcome, so value in the fields are not copied.anything else I could try?
Hi @federica.niero
Is this rule running in a Company-managed or a Team-managed project?
Would you please post an image of the audit log showing the details for when the rules but does not copy as you expected?
Kind regards,Bill
Can you please share a screenshot of the audit log? It would help to identify what is failing.
Perhaps you can check if the fields are added to the screens that associate with the Child issue type that you are referring to.
Thank you.
Solved:re-fetch action after the condition
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.