Hello,
We are starting to use Service Management internally for our IT ticketing software and this is all under an "IT service management" project. We have been asked to extend the ticketing software to our external customer facing website to allow anyone from the web to submit a help ticket through the widget. I created a "customer service" type project to handle these tickets to help separate them from the internal IT service tickets.
When the external customer (who we won't know at the time of ticket submission) sends a ticket, they receive back an email with a link to view their issue on the Jira portal. I noticed that the user can click back to the "home" page of the entire portal which shows them both the the customer service project portal and the internal IT service project portal.
I'd like to limit any tickets submitted through this widget/project to only let those users see the customer service project if they navigate to the portal on their "view ticket" link.
I have seen some suggestions to manually add these customers to a specific group to limit their access to other projects, however I am not sure if this makes sense because the users will be unknown to us at the time they submit the ticket. Is there perhaps an automation to add any users who submit a ticket to this project to be added to a group which limits access to only that project on the portal?
Any tips are appreciated, thank you!