The idea is to mark issue status in red, i.e. new status category of BLOCKED, in case, a prerequisite to work on the issue is not given.
An example: The infrastructure team is not able to provide a required data base system to me yet, where I can reproduce and fix an application bug. Therefore, it is impossible to me to solve the issue even if I want to. In that case, we need JIRA to show issue status in red, signalizing, something is impeding the progress on that Issue, i.e. special attention is needed.
In other words:
I only know 3 status categories in JIRA. A status may be "TO DO" (gray), "IN PROGRESS" (yellow) or "DONE" (green). In addition, we need "BLOCKED" (red). How can we do that?
Creating a new status, working with workflows and workflow schemas is not the point: Each new status must belong to one of the mentioned 3 categories. We simply need a new one.
Thank you in advice for your time!
(PS: Some ideas I found, like this:
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/38851806/how-can-i-add-statuscategory-to-filter-columns-in-list-view
https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/30937608/how-to-change-the-color-of-the-category-of-status
are unfortunately not what I am looking for.)