I am trying to write a filter for a scrum board that displays issues from any project in our jira instance where the custom field "UX" has an entry in it. Our UX team works with every team in the company and I am trying to get them a way to see and track the issues.
Hi @sherri_nc
I would recommend to even create a new board within a project that consists of all projects and then edit the jql within board settings like "...AND UX != Empty"
BestStefan
Your query would look something like this:
<custom field> = UX ORDER BY Rank ASC
Just note that when you use such a broad query, you may run into issues due to project permissions. For example if you are using a Scrum board the user that should be able to manage sprints needs to have that permission in all your projects.
To narrow the query down a bit you could limit it to just Software projects like this:
projectType = software AND <custom field> = UX ORDER BY Rank ASC
This does not work for me.
I think you need to combine Michael and Stefan's answers:
projectType = software AND UX is not empty ORDER BY Rank ASC
That is exactly what I did :-) Thanks to everyone!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.