Hi all,
I am trying to trigger a task to assign to the last person assign on the task when moved from QA back to in progress. Is there a way to do this in Jira Software?
Hi @Cailyn Steinhardt , welcome to the community!
In order to do this you would need to record the previous assignee in a custom field. This is basically how that would work...
Hi Jack,
Thank you for answering my question. I am super new to the platform so I am going to follow the above instructions as best as I can but it's almost like reading a different language for me at the moment hahaha
No worries @Cailyn Steinhardt . I certainly understand. I am happy to provide more details as you get into it. I definitely would refer you to the Atlassian documentation as there is great info there. https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/resources/ . If you simply enter some key words you should find good articles. But don't hesitate to reach back out!
I did the above and I added a field that is supposed to copy the current assignee and it shows as none through all stages but I think in the automation log it's working. Am I not doing something right to get the person's name to show in this new field?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.