Every week I have some general maintenance chores to complete.
Every Monday at 6am I want Jira to add a new subtask to Issue "NETW-1413" that's named for that week, that I can add my time to through the week and close at the end of the week.
I'm trying to achieve this with Jira standard functions.

I first tried without the "for current issue" branch and got:
Create issue
Error creating issue
Issue type is a sub-task but parent issue key or id not specified. (issuetype)
With the "for current issue" branch I get:
Action details:
This rule was configured with a project restriction. You can change this restriction in the 'Rule details' section. Only issues from the following projects or project types will be considered:
NETW
Branch rule / related issues
Can't branch rule as it requires issue(s) in the context for this option. More than likely you have a trigger that doesn't insert issues into the rule chain. e.g. Scheduled rule not running a JQL query. Creating an issue does not put an issue into the context, you have to branch on it directly.
But the rule and actions are all int the NETW project scope.
I think this can be done with the "JQL search extensions" but want to know if its possible without.
thanks,
Iain.