Hi all,
Summary
For a software project, I'm not getting the version report graph rendered as I would expect and need some help
Background
I've recently joined a company that has already been developing software for over a year. I've joined to support SCRUM and planning. They have been tracking their issues in Jira the whole past year. Several hundred issues with estimates have been closed (status = done) and several hundred more are still open.
No Versions were defined yet in this project. So I did, today.
I then retrospectively, added the issues (including the closed ones of up to a year back) to this version. The "Version Progress" accurately updates to about 60% completion (800 story points finished / 700 still to go).
The problem
What I expected when I open the Version Report, is that it includes all historical data. Of each issue, there is known in which sprint it was, when it was created and when it was resolved.
Instead what I see is, all issues 'assigned' to today. Which is not what I would like to see.

On the contrary, the Release Burndown chart does behave normally, taking into account historical sprints.
Can you help?
Does a bulk change help / certain field need to be updated? Let me know.