I have a oauth 2.0 app and trying to get the allowedValues for the customFields.
1. I used the `rest/api/3/issue/createmeta` api to get the fields info. some of the fields has allowedValue and some are not. For all customFileds there is no allowedValues info.
2. Found this api `/rest/api/3/customFieldOption/{id}`. I suppose the key like `customfield_10020` like the above screenshot should be the id for the customFieldOption. I enabled the required scope listed in here https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-issue-custom-field-options/But I still got 403 error. The access user is the Jira cloud creator, so I think it has Administer Jira global permission & Browse projects project permission.
Figured out the issue for my use case. Including it here to help others in the future:`/rest/api/latest/issue/createmeta/{projectIdOrKey}/issuetypes/{issueTypeId}`^ specify the issue type as whatever your default is, in my case 10001 for story.From the response, get the values and filter it by fieldID = {your custom field}.then grab the allowedValues of that field.
$customField = response.values | Where-Object { $_.fieldId -eq "customfield_10020" }$customFieldOptions = $customField.allowedValues
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.