Why does the Σ Original Estimates and the Σ Time show in the export (csv) but not as output from a filter?
I am trying to create a dashboard with the filter results in jira.. Using a team managed project (cloud).
thanks,
Jean T.
Hi @[deleted]
When using the Advanced Issue Search and adding that column, I can see it in a search/filter results. What do you see when you try to add that column to the view and then save your filter?
Kind regards,Bill
Hello Bill,
So with more testing we were able to get it to show on the dashboard. I don't know why we didn't see it the first... well several times :-)
Our Jira SME was able to create a custom field (automation rule) and now it is showing for our epics with Σ original estimates. Which was part of my true objective. Sum hours to an epic for a kanban board using team-managed (cloud) project.
Do you know of a gadget or dashboard that I can use other than filter results for the Σ fields? I can use the workload velocity pie chart for assignees for the original estimates and time spent, but I'm looking to measure the epics progress orig est vs. time spent in a nice visual way other than export to excel and create a chart.
Thank you for your help,
For the built-in Σ fields fields I think "filter results" is the only option...Perhaps not with out-of-the-box gadgets for many common visualizations. What are you hoping this would look like: as single number by epic, a time-series, etc.? Perhaps post an image of your desired Excel chart to see if something springs to mind.
When I am exploring what is possible with the dashboard gadgets, I go to a test dashboard I have which has all of the out-of-the-box ones...then change the filter to see if it does what I want. When it does not, I check if any of our marketplace gadgets (free or paid) can help.
If you would be interested in a marketplace app to track Epic progress based on Time estimates or Story Points progress, you can try out our add-on
Agile Tools - Epic Tree, Links Tree and Time in Status
Key features :
Disclaimer : I work for RVS, the makers of this app
Thanks
Rahul
Hi @[deleted],
Another option might be our Marketplace app Quick Filters for Jira Dashboards.
Our app provides advanced statistics gadgets (similar to Atlassian's Issue Statistics and Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadgets) gadgets, that enable you to sum up any numeric field (including the Σ fields as you can see in the screenshot).
Would that work for your use case?
Thank you @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine !
Thank you for sharing @Rahul_RVS !
Hello @Bill Sheboy sorry it took soooo long to reply. The numbers are somewhat showing and we are still working on it. Our admin is working on a custom field based on the sum of hours for the epic, which is working for our first test.
But I do have a new question. This just happened last week. I was using the workload velocity piecharts and the totals were showing at the bottom of the chart.. now it's not. I'm wondering if this is in anyway related to the "sum customization" that our admin is trying to test for the epics.
I have attached the screenshots of before and after. I have made no changes to my filters or the dashboard setups. The only difference is I ran then a couple of months ago (the total times showed up at the bottom of the gadget), then I ran it today and it does not show the total time at the bottom. note: some of the hours may be more on the recent screenshots which is expected. Why would the gadget not show the total amounts at the bottom? Any ideas?
Thank you! Bill
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.