The new dashboard layout is really focused on each individual user's work, and not as much on what is happening in the community. In my mind, that dilutes the collaborative power of Confluence - discovering what OTHERS have been doing. The old 'Recent Changes' list did a better job, IMHO.
The new 'Discover What's Happening' section of the dashboard has 'Following' and 'Popular' views, and there's an obvious way to edit the 'Following' view.
But what about the 'Popular' view? Can that be configured to make it more helpful? The default order of listed changes does not make sense to me - it's not in any order that I can discern. And it does not include all changes.
Also - is the layout of the dashboard configurable? For ex, the list of spaces in the prime real estate at the upper right seems less than useful, given there's a prominent Spaces menu in the navigation bar just above. I'd rather show recent changes there.
I've searched for documentation on new dashboard layout, to no avail.